Due to continuous growth and the introduction of our new Nightshift operation we require day shift Production Operators to work on the Ridge Plant and Tile Plant lines.
The successful individual will play a key role in a fast paced and dynamic production line to ensure that we maintain our high standards and also work effectively to meet production targets. They will also be required to perform a variety of production related activities including the manufacturing of concrete ridge tiles.
This position will be based at Toomebridge production facility, but the post-holder may, from time to time, be required to work at other locations depending on production requirements.
This role reports to the Production Manager in the Tile production facility.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Changeover and prepare machines for production
- Operate production machines
- Ensure timely transfer of raw materials to avoid shortages during production.
- Manage and adjust machine settings as necessary
- Comply with all company H&S policies and procedures
- Undertake quality checking at each operation and accurately record results
- Carry out general lubrication, greasing and maintenance duties according to machine manufacturers guidelines
- Report any machine faults and production or quality issues to the production manager
- Ensure that the factory and machines are thoroughly cleaned at the end of every work shift
- Work as part of an established team
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Strong practical skills, showing dexterity, speed and accuracy
- Suitable numeracy & literacy skills
- Concentration and focus, continued attention to detail over long periods
- Excellent attender & timekeeper
- Good team player with confident communication skills
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety matters
- Fork lift license desirable
- Flexible approach to work
- Training will be given in-house by experienced Tile operatives, co-ordinated and monitored by the Production Manager. External training will be required for driving machinery, if not already held
Hours Of Work
- Various shift patterns available
- Overtime after 39 hours at time and half
- Potential to earn a daily production bonus
- Your co-operation will be expected when overtime working is available as we require a flexible approach to working additional hours or travel to other locations
- Hours of work may vary during summer months
- Health Cash Plan
- 30 days holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme with Company contribution
- CRH Share Scheme
- Company Occupational Health
- Family Friendly Policies
Please forward all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date will be 16/12/2022
The Company is committed to equality and diversity. It strives to be an employer of choice by creating a culture and working environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all individuals. Every individual has the right to be treated with respect and dignity in the workplace and this includes protection against discrimination. Having greater diversity within our Company helps us perform much better and enable us to come up with innovative solutions. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.