Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking a Bid Writer to join our busy and expanding department.
This role will be based at our Divisional Head Office in Coleraine, but the successful applicant may be expected to travel to different sites across NI to meet the requirements of the job.
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking a Bid Writer to join our busy and expanding department. The department is responsible for identifying and managing the bidding process for targeted contract opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing compelling and compliant written responses for pre qualification and tender submissions, using knowledge supplied by subject matter experts.
They will ensure the production of a professionally written response that clearly articulates an understanding of the client’s needs, provides solutions to meet those needs and gives supporting evidence and benefits. The successful candidate should be able to work to high quality standards and clearly articulate Northstone’s value proposition.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Working alongside Bid Managers to agree bid milestones and submission dates for work packages relevant to the response.
- Work alongside the Bid Manager in management of strategy workshops, writing workshops and answer planning sessions.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and refine compliant, responsive and compelling written responses.
- Writes major sections of the proposal. Reads, reviews, edits and finalises proposal responses from other departments such as Health & Safety or Environmental. Ensures consistency, professional standards and completion to RFP/ITT requirements.
- Producing programmes as required for the submission
- Assembles final text, graphics, exhibits and other supporting documents into a final submission document.
- Assist in the maintenance of a library of bid information, track record, CVs etc.
- Update CVs and track record project sheets, by interviewing members of staff and otherwise gathering information, to ensure an accurate and consistent library of information.
- Assist in development and delivery of ad-hoc tasks such as the creation of presentations, graphics and marketing material.
- Address the requirements of Procurement Policy Note PPN 01/21 Social Value in ITT responses detailing our approach to the wider financial and non-financial impacts on the wellbeing of individuals, communities, and the environment.
- Work in accordance with company brand guidelines.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent standard of written English with an ability to articulate messages clearly and concisely, with experience in a professional writing capacity.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with good research and proof reading skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to plan own workload and to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
- Previous experience working in the Construction/ Engineering industry would be desirable, as would experience in the use of Microsoft Project.
- Health Cash Plan
- 34 days holiday per annum (pro rata)
- Pension Scheme with Company contribution
- CRH Share Scheme
- Family Friendly Policies
- Company Occupational Health
Please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3rd February 2023.
The Company is committed to equality and diversity. It strives to be an employer of choice by creating a culture and working environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all individuals. Every individual has the right to be treated with respect and dignity in the workplace and this includes protection against discrimination. Having greater diversity within our Company helps us perform much better and enable us to come up with innovative solutions. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.